Achieving Gender Equality by 2030: Putting Adolescence on the Agenda
Young Lives Director, Professor Jo Boyden, will be participating and speaking at this workshop titled 'Achieving Gender Equality by 2030: Putting Adolescence on the Agenda'. The workshop is convened by Professor Robert Blum, Director of the John Hopkins Urban Health Institute.
This closed meeting aims to assure that adolescents are viewed as central to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal #5: the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls. Two formative objectives of this meet are:
- To develop a research agenda for the next decade to advance SDG #5 with a specific focus on adolescents.
- To develop country-level policy and programmatic agendas that advance gender equality and in turn improve adolescent health and wellbeing.
During the course of the workshop, three panels will convene, addressing:
- A Conceptual Life Course Framework for Adolescent Health and SDG 5
- Drivers of Gender Norms Change on National and Global Levels
- The Impact of Laws and Policies on Gender Norms and Adolescent Health